Friday, August 8, 2008

Week 3 Day 3

Yazzzz....

While, I still didn't complete this workout 100% I cranked on my pushups today.

Program: 30,22,22,20, max (at least 27)
Actual: 30,22,22,17, 15
Daily Total: 106
Overall Total: 643

First off, W3D3 is a lot of push ups. That's why I don't mind whiffing so badly on the last two sets. Plus there are a couple of milestones to point out;
  1. During the first set of pushups today I equaled the number I did during my initial trial.
  2. Also, my total for the day crested over 100 pushups. That's the first day I've broken one hundred.
There's really not too much real significance with either of these, but they felt really good. It shows strong improvement.

Truthfully, I'm not sure how I got a bug up my butt to blow out that many push ups. It's 19 more than I did last time. ?? Must have been the Wheaties.

The first two sets went pretty well, with only the last couple of push ups hurting. The third set was a real struggle but I completed the 22. Obviously I just burned out during the 4th set only managing 17 of the required 20. I actually surprised myself by pumping out the last 15 push ups. I was afraid I'd end up with only 7 again or something, but I cranked through the first 10 fairly well.

Anyway, it was a good day that makes repeating W3D1 seem a lot less daunting. The last 25 of the workout still concerns me. I guess we'll all know how that goes on Monday.

No comments: