Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Week 3 Day 2 - Repeat 2

I spent all day on a flight back from Mexico, so I'm wiped out. I was thinking it would be hard to get through this workout successfully because I'm so tired. And then, I realized my poor attitude would doom me.

So I got things together...

Program: 27,19,19,15, max (at least 25)
Actual: 27,19,19,15, 30
Daily Total: 110
Overall Total: 1152

Yep, I crushed it today. I treated it like consecutive sets of five; one, two, three, four, five... two, two, three, four, five... You get it.

So for the last set I set my goal to do 6 sets of 5. This made sure I didn't stay focused on only doing the min 25. But I really had to push to get those last pushups out.

Overall I'm very pleased with this workout. I just blew through each set without too much difficulty. Not sure why this was so easy, but I think it all goes back to having a good attitude.

We'll keep positive about completing Friday and week 3 (finally).

2 comments:

BM said...

I am just floored by your ability to push thru fatigue to complete the sets, especially the last set. This is something I find impossible to do. Just curious, do you have other workout routines besides the pushup program?

Joe Scherb said...

Keep in mind they don't all go the way this workout did. ;-)

That's one of the problems I've had with week 3. I've been doing a lot of traveling this month, so most of these workouts have been done in hotel rooms or after a long day through the airports.

I like running and bicycling but haven't been doing much of either. I'm probably getting one good bike ride in a week, but I don't think that qualifies as a routine.