Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Week 3 Day 2 - Repeat

umm... ...well, get ready for week 3 repeat 2 :-(

I fell 11 pushups short today. It just wasn't going to happen. I think it's because I've been working a lot this week, and not getting the pushups in until it's already late and I'm already tired.

It really stinks.

Program: 27,19,19,15, max (at least 25)
Actual: 27,19,19,15, 14
Daily Total: 94
Overall Total: 836

So I'm still wondering how I knocked out 106 pushups last Friday. ??

I'm really disappointed that I'm going to have to repeat this week again. Drats.

But let's try to focus on the good news. About the only silver lining I can find is that I did 7 more pushups than my last attempt at W3D2. That and maybe the fact that I think my chest, shoulders, and triceps are looking bigger. (That's my story & I'm sticking to it)

The daily totals have been hovering in the 90's for the last couple of days. I'm not too worried. The overall trend still looks pretty good; 49, 57, 65, 55, 69, 74, 81, 87, 106, 99, and 94 (see graph). I really just think I'm exhausted and it's holding me back. Whatever... we'll get there.

If I really do plateau, I've got a plan to get over the hump. Basically it amounts to doing double workout sets (am & pm), but I'm not ready to radically deviate from the hundredpushups plan just yet.

Like I said, we'll get there... Maybe I'll crush out another 100+ pushups this Friday too.

"The stuff that dreams are made of."
- Samuel Spade

No comments: