Monday, August 25, 2008

Week 4 Day 1

Ok, this one was a bit tough, but I pulled it off.

Program: 27,20,20,17, max (at least 27)
Actual: 27,20,20,17,28
Daily Total: 112
Overall Total: 1386

First set 27 no problem, the next twenty started slowing down, and I had to paused around number 15 of the third set. So it just started getting tougher like that.

I made it through the set of 17 ("It's only 17 after all"), but I did have to pause and grunt out a couple of them.

The last set was mostly psychology. I looked at how many I did today, and compared that to last Friday's workout. This quickly showed that I did less today, so I should be able to complete the last 27. That put my head in the right place and I finished them out. It wasn't easy though.

I've been starting to think about what to do next. Not that I'm anywhere close to hitting the hundred pushups, but I've been thinking about it. I think a pull up program might be good to help balance these extraordinary muscles I've developed doing pushups. Or at least it would give me cool looking arms ;-)

Also, I need to burn this gut, so I'm thinking about getting out and doing some running.

Your right, I should probably just focus on completing week 4 (and 5, and 6, and 100 push ups)

2 comments:

BM said...

I think Week 4 is easier compared to Week 3. I dont not think you will have to repeat this week.

Joe Scherb said...

...from your lips to God's ear.