Friday, August 29, 2008

Week 4 Day 3

Week 4 completed without incident! Yay. Which brings me another week closer to my ultimate goal.

Program: 30,22,22,20, max (at least 29)
Actual: 30,22,22,20, 32
Daily Total: 126
Overall Total: 1624

The first two sets fell quickly. I paused during the 3rd set and struggled with the set of 20. The max of 29 really concerned me at that point.

I just got my self pumped up, focused on finishing 30, and managed to complete 32. The last ones were really (really really) hard. But it's done.

I'll try the test some time tomorrow morning. Over the last 4 weeks I think I've gained a lot of strength and my total number of push ups per day has gone up nicely (graph).

So I think I can complete 50, I'd like to do 60 (or better yet 100 :-) We'll know tomorrow.

BTW. I looked at week 5 and thought "OMG" when I saw Day 1. If I complete 40 push ups in my next test, I'll have to do that again twice on Monday. WTF is Steve thinking putting that in there. I could be repeating week 5 for a long time.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"WTF is Steve thinking putting that in there. I could be repeating week 5 for a long time."

Sorry! Week 5 is a tough one (I ended up repeating it myself) but you'll be fine I'm sure.

Hang in there - only a couple of weeks to go...