Saturday, August 2, 2008

Week 2 Trial

We'll, I was surprised and disappointed to only do forty pushups for the 2nd trial. I really expected I'd blow away the 30 I did in the initial trial. I guess the two weeks of pushups didn't help me as much as I expected. Bummer.

Daily Total: 40
Overall Total: 409

Sooo.... I looked at week 3. That's one of the weeks that the blogs I've read indicate people tend miss. Looking over W3D1 it does look really scary. The first set starts off with 25 push ups. The workouts are getting pretty serious.

Here's how I plan to deal with it;
  1. Keep a good "I can do this" attitude. Mean and aggressive. As I've already written, attitude is huge.
  2. IF I miss, I'll finish out the week as best I can and then repeat it. Eventually I should be able to get through it.
  3. If I just can't get through week 3, I may back up and redo week 2, just to help with the attitude.
  4. Regardless of what happens, I'll just keep trying. No quitting. Tenacity.
While I may have been a bit disappointed with the 40 pushups I pumped out during this trial, it should be a heck of a lot better next time, after I survive week 3.

BTW. I'm 80% sure I'll make it through week 3. Just got to get tough.

2 comments:

Human Microbiome Search Engine said...

You said:
"Regard of what happens, I'll just keep trying. No quitting. Tenacity."

That's the right attitude. I saw the new X-Files movie yesterday, and that message was repeated often in the movie.

BM said...

Its great that you can do 40 consequetive pushups. You are not too far away from 100 pushups.