Monday, August 4, 2008

Week 3 Day 1

ARRRGGGG!!!!

I got my self all fired up. No way I'd miss, but I did! Arrrggg!!! I'm so ummm... ANGRY!!! (that wasn't the first word I chose)

Program: 25,17,17,15, max (at least 25)
Actual: 25,17,17,15, 7
Daily Total: 81
Overall Total: 450

Ok, so I'm calmed down now. A bit anyway... Now I'm just annoyed. I really thought I'd get through this. Got through the 1st 25 & 17 unscathed, and the next 17 was a bit challenging but I made it. The last 15 was really tough, and by the time I got to the third push up of the last set, I was counting them out one by one. There was just nothing left. Darn.

Now I have to figure out what to do next. Looking over the program all it says is if you can't complete a workout you need to repeat the week you struggled with.

So I'm going to continue on with week 3 doing my best to complete the workouts. When I'm done, I'll repeat week 3 again. This really sucks.

I really thought I'd get through it. Darn.

BTW. I've completed 450 pushups since starting the program <= That's my silver lining.

3 comments:

BM said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. I think you are really in good shape to be doing level 3 pushups. One thing i would suggest is to keep repeating w3d1 untill you finish all the sets. The next time you do w3d1, you will be determined to break previous days record, Eventually you are going to complete all sets. Good luck with the remaining pushups.

Anonymous said...

close, but not close enough eh?

i failed W3D1 too:

http://www.runbulldogrun.com/push-ups/hundred-push-ups-week-3-day-1/

finished off the week and repeated it the following week (successfully I might add!)

you'll be fine. just don't be too hard on yourself as bm said in the first comment.

good luck!
--steve
--hundredpushups.com

Joe Scherb said...

bm & steve,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. You guys rock!

I've lost the battle but the war continues. I'll do my best on the next two days and repeat week 3 starting Monday.

Overall I'm doing better (81 pushups today), and the attitude is still good.

Thx.