Friday, August 22, 2008

Week 3 Day 3 - Repeat 2

Woo hoo!
After repeating the week twice, I was not going to do it again.

Program: 30,22,22,20, max (at least 27)
Actual: 30,22,22,20,28
Daily Total: 122
Overall Total: 1274

I knocked out the set of 30 fairly quickly, but noticed the first set of 22 was a bit tough at the end. That was worrisome. Sure enough I didn't get through the second set of 22 without pausing.

I really had to grunt through the last 10 pushups of the 20 set. It was tough. All that being said, I really psyched myself up for the last 27.

"There's no way I'm going to repeat this week."
"It's only 6 sets of 5."
"It's only 6 sets of 5."
"I can do this."

One key thing I did was focus on 30 pushups NOT 27.

I made it through the first 10 consecutive without stopping. The next ten were tough. For the last 10 I gave up on the "sets of 5" mentality and just started counting them out. One by miserable, grueling, painful one. When I hit #9 I did a face plant. My left arm hurt sooooo much, there was no way I could even try to haul my gut off the ground again. Had to roll sideways to get off the floor.

... but that all totaled 28, and 122 for the day. Yippee!!!

BTW. I think that breaking cleanly through the 100 pushup mark was a mental ceiling for me. I was stuck at 94-99 for a while. The last two workouts were great.

*&$^!. My shoulders still hurt. At least I get a couple rest days to work it out.

1 comment:

BM said...

Congrats on Completing W3. Compred to W3, W4 would be very easy.