Monday, September 1, 2008

Week 5 Day 1

Yeah, well... umm... I gave it a good shot anyway.

Program: 40,32,30,25, max (at least 40)
Actual: 40,32,11,15, 17
Daily Total: 115
Overall Total: 1789

I went through the first set of 40 fairly easily. It was tough, but not too bad.
The set of 32 I really had to grunt out. Particularly the last two.
And, as you can see, I completely bombed my third set. Only 11 pushups.
I finished the remainder of the workout as best as I was able.

The good news is that it was an excellent workout. I was sweating up a storm and my arms and chest are zapped. I'm sure this will help me in the future.

I also think I probably let this work out get the best of me. That set of 11 is really surprising and disappointing based on everything else I've accomplished.

The total for today falls in line with expectations. It was the third highest I've ever completed. Unfortunately I was hoping to reach a peak.

The next couple of days should be interesting. The lower sets with reduced rest times change the game a bit. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

BM said...

Hmm... It's very unlike you not to finish up 3rd and 4th sets, I would have thought that you would somehow found a way to just push thru it.May be your mind was occupied

On the other hand, W5 takes the workouts to another level, it's nothing like W4. Both of us will come out stronger at the end of W5