Monday, September 8, 2008

Week 5 Day 1 - Repeat

Look's like I could be in stuck in week 5 for sometime... Imagine a blog post entitled "Week 5 Day 1 - Repeat 17". Could happen.

Program: 40,32,30,25, max (at least 40)
Actual: 40,32,17,16, 17
Daily Total: 122
Overall Total: 2189

Ok, I did better this week than last, but it progressed pretty much the same way.
  • The first forty went ok, but I slowed down around number 30.
  • The next 32; Ouch! Really tough.
  • The next 30 just wasn't going to happen. I face planted at seventeen. Literally. It kind of hurt.
  • The next set; 16 "ouch, ouch, ouch"
  • and ditto for the final 17.

Overall I did seven more pushups than last week. A bit disappointing but it's still an improvement. I need to do 167 to complete the workout. So if I'm improving at a rate of 7 pushups per week, I should only need (167-122=45/7=6.5) seven more weeks.

Hmm... might be best not to over think these things.

BTW. I went jogging 3 times last week. It's pretty short distance, just loping around, but I figure that it'll help if I can get my cardio-endurance up and my fat gut down. I'm going to keep this blog focused on the push ups only.

2 comments:

BM said...

Just wondering... if you are losing the motivation to do the pushups. Atleast for me, I do not enjoy this as much as I used the enjoy the Weeks 1,2 & 3.

BM said...

Let me give you another perspective on this. One of my coworker is doing this program along with his karate instructor. His Sensei is a 5th degree blackbelt. At the end of six weeks SenSei could not do 100 pushups, he could only do 90 and now is repeating Week 6. Considering how difficult this is for a 5th degree blackbelt, I think you are doing very well.