Monday, September 22, 2008

Week 5 Day 1 - Repeat 3

So I've eaten pizza and cheese cake for two days in a row and have the gut to prove it (my kids bday). I wasn't feeling really well today, but managed to keep a good PMA.

Program: 40,32,30,25, max (at least 40)
Actual: 40,32,30,20, 28
Daily Total: 150
Overall Total: 3076

I cranked out a pretty good work out.

Like last week, I started slowing during the last ten of the1st set. However, this week I did a decent job knocking out the next 32. It went down a lot easier than last time, and that helped to keep me positive. I just didn't think about it too much and pushed them out.

The next 30 were tough. I ended up pushing them 1 by 1, and could only manage 20 on the next set.

I took a bit of extra rest for the final set, but only about 20 seconds extra. I'm always surprised at how much that matters. I knocked out 2 sets of 10 and then counted them out one at a time.

BTW, somewhere after the 2nd set my chest and arms got pumped full of blood and I looked huge. (or at least felt that way ;-)

I finally completed 150 in this workout. I'd been shooting to complete that many for a couple of weeks. It's nice to hit an interim goal.

Today I completed 36 more pushups than last week at this time, so it shows there's still a mental aspect to this whole thing. I'll shoot for 160 on the next workout.

I also crested over 3000 total pushups since I started this fit of insanity. Cool.

No comments: