Friday, September 12, 2008

Week 5 Day 3 - Repeat

Forget all that other stuff I typed, I quit. This sucks. (Just kidding...)

So I came down with a cold last night and feel like crap today. I decided to ignore it and do the pushups anyway.

Program: 18,18,16,16,14,14,12,max (at least 40)
Actual: 18,18,16,16,14,14,12,21
Daily Total: 129
Overall Total: 2458

That 30 seconds of rest really makes this workout tough. It gets the heart pounding.

It also cleared my nose momentarily. In case you didn't know it, cardio workouts create some sort of natural decongestant. Freak'n cold. :-(

The workout started pretty good and I burned through the first three sets without much effort, and the forth set was a bit tougher but still not too bad. All of this really got my heart rate up.

I had to pause to complete each set of fourteen and the set of 12 was really tough. Ouch.

So going through all that just left me with that big 'ole whopping 40 set to do. It's really tough to hit that 40 after getting wiped out by the first part of the work out.

After working my way through ten I ended up counting them out 1 by 1. It really hurt, but I was determined to at least match last week's workout. Then I forced myself to do 1 more pushup today just to beat it.

BTW. I was right. Between knocking out the pushups, and the brief rest between sets, the entire workout took less than 10 minutes. Can't beat that.

...I'm going to go lay down on the couch with a tissue box and a blanket and watch football all weekend. (that's NFL Steve, different ball & with armor - Go Bears).

No comments: