Friday, October 17, 2008

Week 6 Day 3

Well, the days of incrementally jumping up by 30 push ups had to end at some point.

Program: 27,27,23,23,23,23,20,20, max (at least 56)
Actual: 27,27,23,23,23,23,20,20,37
Daily Total: 223
Overall Total: 5054

Still, I managed 223 and broke 5000 for my overall total. Not too shabby.

Overall, this workout went down fairly easily. The second set of 27 got a little tough at the end, and so did the 4th set of 23. Really though, each set fell without too much trouble.

I also got a nice effort in for the last set. I made it to about 30 before having to count them out 1 by 1. My arms were pretty much tapped at that point. Ouch.

I'm thinking that next week I'll be able to complete this workout.

Shameless Plug
In case you missed his comment on the last workout, Steve over at Hundredpushups.com came up with a pocket mod for the program. Very cool. I travel a bit and this would be helpful. Besides, it beats carrying around the stack of six pages that I've been working from.
(hey, he gave me arm and chest muscles it's the least I can do ;-)

Which reminds me, last time he went through the program he avoided repeating week 6 by actually completing the hundred consecutive pushups. If I can hit the goal, I won't have to do week 6 again ;-) I'm going to try that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow and thanks for the [shameless] plug :)

--Steve