Saturday, October 4, 2008

Week 5 Day 3 - Repeat 4

It happened again. I completely forgot to workout until I was three beers into a social gathering in the evening. I'm really surprised and unclear on why I've been missing the workout. So instead of doing it on Friday, and a trial on the Saturday, I completed the workout today (sat morning).

While I've been enjoying the workouts, and the many ways I've made progress, it might be that I'm getting a little burned out on the workouts. I'll double down and fix this (and set a reminder too).

Program: 18,18,16,16,14,14,12,max (at least 40)
Actual: 18,18,16,16,14,14,12,40
Daily Total: 148
Overall Total: 3842

I knocked through the workout with out much trouble. I set a goal to complete 170 pushups which meant I'd need to do 62 for the last set. Mentally, I had no intention of doing that, and then started thinking bad things as I worked through the set. You can't succeed with that type of attitude.

I had to pause at thirty and then just stopped at 40 (completing the minimum).

So I've been making pretty good progress, and really think I can complete Monday's workout if I get psyched up for it.

I need to keep strong PMA and get aggressive though. Once I complete W5D1 successfully I should be ok to get through the rest of the week and on to week 6. Finally.

Here's what I noticed however. Week 6 Day 1 totals 239 pushups. That's a bit of a step up from where I'm at now (bouncing around 160). So I need to take it up a notch.

That will be my focus for my last time through week 5. I'm thinking to start shooting for 200 as a goal (vs. 160 or 170). Let's see how the attitude helps.

BTW, I also noticed that I am using the work I alot and I know that's bad writing form so I need to fix that. I'm not going to rewrite today's post, but I'll work on that.

No comments: