Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Week 6 Day 2

Another good workout today... a lot better than expected.

Program: 30,30,25,25,25,25,22,22, max (at least 56)
Actual: 30,30,25,25,25,25,22,22,30
Daily Total: 234
Overall Total: 4831

So I didn't total all the sets together before doing the workout. I just dropped down and started doing the 30, and then the 25, and so on... So it was impressive to tally them up after the workout. I never would have guessed 234.

The first 30 were effortless, but the next thirty were not. It wasn't hard, but not effortless.
The next 2 sets of 25 were a little tough, and then it acutally seemed easier for the 3rd set of 25.
The fourth set hurt my arms quite a bit, but I knocked it out.
The two sets of 22 were not too bad.

As I went into the push up position for the last set of 56 I thought to myself "it's five sets of 10 + 6 more". Then I quickly thought "I probably won't get to the 6 so I won't have to worry about it". Then I caught myself and knew I couldn't possibly expect to complete the workout if I wrote it off before even starting. Gotta keep the bad mojo away.

I got to 20 and then started doing 1 by 1 up to 30.

That last 56 is going to continue to be a challenge. It's hard to do 56 pushups after wiping out my arms with the earlier sets.

Also, I've taken to considering the first set (30-40 pushups) as a warm up. Mentally that puts me ahead going into the workout.

BTW I just though about this: During the first initial trial I completed 30 push ups. These days thats a warm up. Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"30 is a warm up" - nice!

did you see the hundred push ups PocketMod?

http://hundredpushups.com/complete.html

a single page printable, portable, foldable booklet.

i think you'll like it...

keep up the good work,

--steve