Monday, October 6, 2008

Week 5 Day 1 - Repeat 5

OMG! Now that was a workout.

...but I did it! What choice did I have? I really didn't want to repeat week 5 again. What's the phrase, "Fifth time is charm"?

Program: 40,32,30,25, max (at least 40)
Actual: 40,32,30,25, 40
Daily Total: 167
Overall Total: 4009

LOL... 4,009 pushups... Wow. Do you think we'll see 10,000 before the hundred is complete? Ladies and gents place your bets*

So the first set went down pretty easily. The next two sets were not effort free, but but I was able to knock them out without stopping.

Around number eighteen of the set of 25 I had to stop and then gutted of the rest.

Big psych up after that;
"I can do this."
"No way I'm going to repeat this week again."
"5 sets of 10, that's all." <= goal stretching

After dropping and pumping out 20 something I had to pause. That was frightening as it was so far from the 40.

By thirty it was going one by one... still pretty far off.

My left arm started cramping at 32 and I worried I'd just collapse.

"No way I'm going to repeat this week again."

So I completed the forty, but not one more. Ouch. My arm still hurts.

IMHO This is the hardest workout of week 5. So now the focus will shift toward blowing away the other workouts and maxing out the number for each day.

* Joe Scherb, J&R Scherb, Inc. and 1cpushups.blogspot.com in no way encourage gambling or drinking games associated with the number of pushups. (but if you really want to, I'm giving odds)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done Joe!! pleased for you...

enjoy the rest of week 5 and you'll soon be moving on to good old week 6!

all the best,

--steve