Saturday, October 25, 2008

Week 6 Day 3 - Repeat 1

Last week I thought I'd be able to complete this workout without too much trouble. And after cranking out 262 pushups on Day 2, it was pretty much guaranteed. Other than the rest time Day 3 is easier than Day 2.

Program: 27,27,23,23,23,23,20,20, max (at least 56)
Actual: 27,27,23,23,23,23,20,20,34
Daily Total: 220
Overall Total: 5832

Or it should have been easier than Day 2. This one hurt and I only did a feeble 220 pushups. Three less than last week. I'm sure it was partly a poor attitude, and partly a general fatigue.

On the second set of 27 I felt a bit of pain in my arm, and the next three sets were a little tough. Last week I blew through them with no problem. The rest of the sets were not easy.

Finally, for the last set, I only got to 20 before pausing. I gutted through the next 14 pushups two to three at a time before abandoning the workout. There just wasn't much in there today.

BTW, here's the updated graph showing a couple of passes into week 6... You can see I plateaued a bit in week five and week 6 was a definite step up.

The progress keeps going though. That's good.

No comments: