Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Week 2 Day 2

Ok, got a lot to cover today, so buckle up....

I went into today with a really good attitude, and determined I'd crush the push-ups. I did.

Program: 16,13,11,11, max (at least 15)
Actual: 16,13,11,11, 20
Daily Total: 69
Overall Total: 295

No problem. Just blew through them. Attitude helps so much. Truthfully it was a bit concerning starting out with 16 push up. I thought that might suck the life out of my arms, but I shook that out of my head and got started.

Halfway through the set 13 I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. Never felt that before while doing push ups. ?? I started having all sorts of thoughts about how my last blog entry would be about a hernia or something. Bad mojo. I felt it through the rest of the sets, but didn't let it stop me.

A personal "thank you" to the people who have left comments and traded emails. I keep thinking I can't let you see me fail. It's a good motivator. I'm going with the attitude that I'll just keep getting stronger and never miss a beat through the entire program (psst... don't look at weeks 5 & 6. Scary!).

Anyway, thanks to Tara, Jenny, and of course, Steve for your support. So far it's working :-)
Anyone else who wants to chime in is more than welcome.

Ok, here's over thinking a situation;
Various blogs have suggested week three is tough. We're also supposed to do another trial at the end of week 2. The last trial made me sore for a week. So if we put it all together it could go something like this;
  • Complete week 2 - Yea!
  • Do the second trial & complete 50 push ups (or some other wonderful number) - Yea!
  • Realize at the start of week 3 that I'm too sore to complete day 1. - Boo!
Like I said, probably over thinking the situation, but it might be something to watch out for. It might be a good idea to do W2D3 on Friday morning and the 2nd trial Saturday morning (instead of PM). Get 12 hrs of extra time to rest & heal.

Of course when you're an awesome pushuper like me, you probably don't need to worry about it.

Ouch, my stomach still hurts...

No comments: