Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Starting Out

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled across a site called: HundredPushups.com. It's essentially a workout program focused on accomplishing 100 push ups within 6 weeks.

From the site;

If you're serious about increasing your strength, follow this six week training program and you'll soon be on your way to completing 100 consecutive push ups!

Think there's no way you could do this? I think you can! All you need is a good plan, plenty of discipline and about 30 minutes a week to achive this goal!

No doubt some of you can already do 50 consecutive push ups, but let's face it, you're in a big minority. Most of you reading this won't even be able to manage 20 pushups. Actually, I'm sure many of you can't even do 10.

However, it really doesn't matter which group you fall into. If you follow the progressive push ups training program, I'm positive you'll soon be able to do 100 push ups!


Go to the site to learn more: Hundredpushups.com

Now, being able to do 100 push ups has been a goal of mine for some time, so that means I know it's not easy to do. A few years back I did a bootcamp style workout program that put me in pretty good shape. That only got me to 65 pushups. Respectable, but not 100.

So this blog will document my attempt to complete the program and hit my goal.

BTW. I'm blogging this as motivation for myself and anyone else who wants to join in. With that in mind, please post comments. Your comments would be appreciated.

Joe

No comments: