Friday, July 25, 2008

Week 1 Day 3

This brings us to the finish of week 1! The good news is that the overall soreness went away before having to start this workout.

There was a big reason to freak out, however. The requirement for the last rep was to do the maximum possible, but at least 15. In W1D2 I maxed out at only 13 push ups. During this workout not only was the max requirement more, but the total number of pushups is more too. Gack!

This raised a real challenge. After putting my head mentally around this I started to knock out the push ups. The last seven really had to be grunted out, but I did it.

Program: 15,13,10,10, max (at least 15)
Actual: 15,13,10,10, 17
Daily Total: 65
Overall Total: 171

There was NO FREAK'N WAY, I wasn't going to make it through Week 1.

Kind of highlights the importance of a good attitude & perspective. Even if everyone else is putting you down, or telling you "no, you can't do that!", it's really up to your own attitude.

That completes Week1. It was tougher than expected, but I was really out of shape. Now I'm lean, fit, tough, ripped, and have giant "guns".

I've looked over Week2 and it doesn't look too bad, so let's think happy thoughts.

Remember go to hundredpushups.com for the entire program.

Joe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep persevering; you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're doing great! I'm tracking participants progress and having a contest on my blog for people who want to do a test every week and track their progress. I also gave you a shout out. Good luck!