Sunday, November 9, 2008

What's Next

The programs been great, but it's time to do something else and move on. But what is the next step after completing the hundred?


More push ups? - Likely
I've completed the hundred and built up my chest and tricepts nicely. If I stop doing push ups it would be disappointing to lose it. So I need to keep going. I've considered extending the program to chase two hundred consecutive programs.. At a minimum it's probably a good idea to repeat weeks 5 & 6 until I figure out what else to do.

Pull ups or Chin ups? - Likely
The push ups gave me great tricepts. It'd be nice to develope some good bicepts to match. A few weeks back I acually tried and was able to complete one. Yep, one. There's a lot of potential there. Any workout program suggestions?

Sit ups? - Possibly
Keeping with the "ups" family, sit ups would help me a lot. I've never done the best with abdominal workouts, and I hear tightening up my abs will help my back problems. Sounds like a good idea. Is this the way to go; http://60situpschallenge.blogspot.com/?

Get running? - Doubtful
I used to love running. Over the years it's been on again, off again. It might be nice to get in better shape running again. I've found that I normally need to have a good reason to dedicate the time and focus to keep running. Other than "general fitness" I'm not sure I'll have the drive to head out into the winter darkness every day. Maybe I'll shoot for a 5K ??

If you have any suggestions on program ideas or other workouts please post a comment below.

No comments: